Who We Are
Agapé Chapel began in July of 1998 when a group of people from two separate churches got together to form a new church. These people had a vision for a church that would have a firm foundation in their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and, grounded in Him, would devote themselves to proclaiming the authority of God’s Word without apology, lifting high the name of Jesus in worship, believing firmly in the power of prayer, and sharing Jesus with boldness. These four things have become known as our Four Pillars.
In December of 2012, our current pastor was welcomed in to affiliation with Calvary Chapel. In January of 2013, in acknowledgement of this affiliation, our leadership approved a name change to Calvary Chapel of Raynham. We are blessed and excited to be in fellowship with a movement of churches that God has used mightily to impact His Kingdom.
While we are blessed to have our own church building, we recognize that the church is more than a building. The church is made up of the women and men that come and fellowship, to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Following the biblical example of Acts 2:46 and Acts 5:42, we meet throughout the week both at the church building and in the communities in the surrounding area. We invite you to come and find out more in person, either by coming to our Sunday service as our guest, or by plugging into an appropriate LifeGroup.
Here at the Chapel, we are blessed to have both paid and volunteer staff who all play integral roles in the life of our church.
Donn Fisher has been our senior pastor since January of 2001 after serving as youth pastor,then associate pastor here at the Chapel. Raised in churches in both the Evangelical Free and Conservative Baptist denominations, Donn began his college education at Eastern Nazarene College before finishing at Calvary Chapel Bible College. Donn was officially welcomed into affiliation with Calvary Chapel in 2012.
Donn and his wife Alisa are the proud parents of four children. They are residents of Raynham.
In addition to Pastor Donn, we are blessed to have several other elders. Our elders are the spiritual leadership of the church, and are responsible for the spiritual oversight of the flock.
Dana Buckner and his wife Diane have been here at Calvary Chapel for over a decade. Dana has previously served in several areas, most recently as a men’s small group leader. He and his wife live in Raynham in one of the oldest houses in town.
William Orlacchio recently began serving as our newest elder. He and his wife Paula, along with their three boys, are residents of Dartmouth. William and Paula came to Christ here at CC Raynham and have become an involved part of our church family.
Sandi Peters serves as our Deacon of Finance. A local school bus driver, she is an ardent supporter of the Boston Bruins. Three young adult children round out the Peters household.
Sunny Winthrop is our Deacon of Missions. Sunny’s passion for the lost, as well as her passion for the missionaries themselves are welcome additions to the ministries of the Chapel. Sunny resides in Taunton.
Following the Biblical pattern of 1 Peter 4:10, we believe everyone in the church has received a gift to be used to serve each other. In addition, we also believe that Ephesians 4:11-16 calls for every equipped person to do their share for the growth of the body. We are blessed to have many Ministry Teams active in doing exactly that.
Current teams are:
Children’s Ministry Team
Event Ministry Team
Facilities Ministry Team
Flock Care Ministry Team
Media Ministry Team
Men’s Ministry Team
Missions Ministry Team
Women’s Ministry Team
Youth Ministry Team
Statement of Faith
Calvary Chapel of Raynham has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
In our services, we focus on a personal relationship with the Lord through worship, prayer, and the teaching of the Word of God. While we teach both expositional and topical studies, we are committed to studying the Bible book by book, chapter by chapter, and verse by verse.
- We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielding to the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore, our services emphasize the teaching of the Word of God, that He might transform us by the renewing of our minds.
- We believe worship of God should be fruitful. Therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the supreme evidence that we have truly been worshipping Him.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and HolySpirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death through His shed blood, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father andHis personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the lost and sinful man must be saved, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.